A clean mattress is important for keeping good bedroom hygiene. Sanitising the mattress though doesn’t usually make the list of cleaning chores in the bedroom, this however doesn’t mean it’s any less important.
Why a clean mattress?
When new a mattress is free of any dust, pollen, allergens, bacteria etc. With everyday use though such issues will gradually become more and more apparent. The mattress provides a good environment for growth of certain funguses and insects, no matter how clean the rest of the bedroom, the mattress itself turns to be its own worst enemy. The usually warm and humid air inside the bedroom, coupled with the dark, multilayer structure of mattresses facilitates many hygiene issues which sooner addressed the better.
A clean mattress also provides a healthier living and sleeping environment. This is especially important for growing children, people prone to skin allergies, or individuals suffering from certain respiratory conditions such as asthma for instance. A properly sanitised mattress means less allergens and irritants present in the bedroom.
Our professional mattress cleaning service – what you need to know
Our specialised mattress cleaning at Cleaners Liverpool is a highly effective cleaning process which uses the natural cleaning power of steam, making it in effect much healthier than any chemical based sanitisation.
- We recommend having the mattress cleaned professionally at least once every six months;
- Although conventional mattress cleaning can work, results are insufficient, so our advice is not to waste time and effort in sunning or airing the mattress, but instead subject it to proper cleaning using professional equipment;
- The entire cleaning process takes place onsite, there will be no need to take the mattress elsewhere, have it treated and then brought back – efficiency and convenience are essential aspects of our service for mattress cleaning in Liverpool;
- The equipment we use is industry grade and highly effective on all sides of the mattress, including sides and bottom;
- Using hot pressurised steam means proper cleaning and eradication of bacteria not just superficially, but deeper underneath the top layers of the mattress thus achieving longer lasting hygiene that can be seen and felt;
- Most stubborn stains will be lifted and removed by using professional steam cleaning equipment, however stains which have been pre-treated with erroneous or homemade methods may not be removed in full as their chemical composition has already been changed;
- Various odours will also be dealt with quite effectively through application of steam cleaning equipment.
The cleaning process uses hot, pressurised steam, which means there will be some drying time required. Depending on ambient temperature and relative humidity inside the premises, the mattress should be sufficiently dry after two to four hours after cleaning.
The cleaning itself is carried out by qualified and experienced technicians who have the skills and expertise to yield optimal results without margin for error. The equipment used is effective and suitable for all types of mattress materials and finishes. No application of any toxic or aggressive cleaning products. Optimal results in mattress, patio cleaning or any of our other services, without risk of damage or alteration of properties.